WATCH invites you to a meeting of the Tenant Action Group
at WATCH, 24 Crescent Street, Suite 201, Waltham
Come join other tenants to:
- Learn more about how to apply for affordable housing
- Learn about how to weatherize your home for FREE to save in energy bills
- Take action together to improve the overall housing situation for tenants in Waltham.
Free * Refreshments provided * Childcare and translation available- call to let us know your needs.
Watch supports New Affordable Housing Proposal-
Metro West CD endeavors to purchase multi-family homes for renovating and permanently deed restricting as an effort to provide refurbished affordable rental housing for individuals and families. The goal of the proposal is to amass enough units to be able to apply for Low Income Housing Tax Credits and other Dept. of Housing and Community Development resources to leverage Waltham's CPA funds to undertake a significant level of rehabilitation.
for low-income Waltham residents
- 3 year rental voucher for lowest income households.
- Rent goes to Waltham landlords.
- Voucher will ensure that tenants rent payment will be 30% of their income.
- 50 households will be helped.
Funding for Affordable Housing & Rental Assistance
through Waltham’s Community Preservation Committee
The fund is overseen by the Community Preservation Committee (CPC).
PERSONAL TESTIMONIES ON WHY WE NEED THIS PROGRAM:
This proposal has been endorsed by:
For more information on WATCH's Tenant Action Group, contact Genoveva,
Community Organizer at 781-891-6689 ext. 208-8919